In principle, almost all light wells can be equipped with the Mirror Shaft . However, there are different requirements that influence the incidence of light and the view.
For new buildings, we recommend following the instructions for optimal dimensioning in our planning aid (page 3).
- Light shaft "as if a conventional grating can be inserted"
- Light shaft walls must be vertical, facade offsets are possible
- Support for shaft cover must be horizontal, max. 2% slope
- Support for shaft cover must be at least 3-sided. 3-sided
- Support for shaft cover must be right-angled, rectangular and flat
- Drainage of light shaft must be ensured (concreted floor with syphoned drain is advantageous)
- Windows must be designed in conformity with standards (opening inwards / weatherboard / window sill / silicone joints)
- Mirror shafts can only be used to a limited extent with plastic light shafts
- No or small canopies are advantageous
The following dimensions allow a standard version. A standard version can be produced if the above requirements are met. In case of deviations, restrictions are not excluded and an object-specific solution must be manufactured.